Racer for a Day – TBD
Are you thinking about joining the club but you would like to get a feel for it first? Then this is the day for you.
Racer for a Day gives prospective members the opportunity to ski with our certified coaches for the morning. Participants will experience a typical day of training and may even get the chance to ski some gates.
While the kids are on the hill, parents will have the chance to talk to members and the head coach. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
The following is provided:
– lift pass for the day
– coach supervision from 9:00-13:00
The following is NOT provided:
– ski equipment
– ski clothing
– a certified snow-sports specific helmet (no cycling / moto helmets)
– snow goggles
– gear that is in good working order (skis, boots, poles)
– weather appropriate clothing + an extra set of gloves (we are on a mountain!)
Participants must be able to ski basic parallel and be able to load, ride and unload the lifts without assistance. No exceptions.
8:45 – Sign-in
9:00 – Participants meet coaches
9:00-9:30 – Participants and coaches warm-up
9:30-12:00 – Drills, activities, vertical, and possibly gate training
Lunch | 12:00-13:00
Lunch break at the main cafeteria. Good eating habits are set early on in life so please keep this in mind when packing your child’s lunch. Sugar laden food does not make for good ski racer fuel.
End of Day | 13:00
Participants meet parents in the cafeteria. Coaches will be available for questions.
To register for the Racer for a Day | Free Ski Day please follow the following steps:
- Create an account with the MSSC
- Enter your family contact information when prompted
- Check your email for a confirmation email
- Log into your account
- Create a skier (the child you will be registering) by clicking on Add Skier
- Click Register beside your child name
- Select the January 17 Free Ski Day and confirm your selection
- You’re done!
After processing your registration we will send you an email containing information about the day and an event waiver. This waiver must be signed and submitted at Sign-in. No waiver = No skiing!